Monday, December 1, 2008

Taste, Experience, and Social Anxiety

To restate my assumptions:

When a person doesn't like something, it may result from the following:

1-Taste*

2-Experience*

3-Social Anxiety (angst); The set of reactions connected with the person's position in society. It was pointed out that a person may like something and then grow not to like something due to the reaction of others to the same object. I believe this is what happened to me and Harry Potter. I used to be a rather big Harry Potter enthusiast, but after being subjected to the behavior of many Harry Potter fanatics over the last year I have a desire to distance myself from the series.

So in addition to the two previously described characteristics of appreciation, social reaction and angst also play a role in whether or not someone likes something.

*described in previous post.

No comments: